The WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits is suitable wherever a sound but basic level of product knowledge is required to underpin job skills and competencies, for example, in customer service or sales functions of the hospitality, retailing and wholesaling industries.
START DATE: Tuesday 6th February 2018 at 18.30.
Tuesday 25th September 2018 at 18.30.
DURATION: Eight week module followed by exam.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND? A trade qualification for wine and spirit employees that will give students an excellent all-round product knowledge. The course is also suitable for the interested consumer.
HOW WILL YOU BENEFIT? The qualification focuses on the key grape varieties and regions of the world. Wine tasting is normally part of every class.
• How wine is made and other factors influencing the style of wine
• Key white grape varieties
• Key black grape varieties
• Wine-producing regions of the world
• Sparkling wines / Sweet wines / Fortified wines
• Spirits and liqueurs
• Label terminology
• Food and wine matching
• How to taste wine, using the Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine
To achieve Level 2 qualification students must pass a multiple-choice paper of 50 questions.