The qualification will assist those who are required to make professional evaluations of wines and spirits with regard to their quality and commercial value. The qualification provides the in depth product knowledge required to underpin job skills and competencies, for example in product selection in the retail and hospitality sectors.
START DATE: Monday 5th February 2018 at 18.30.
Monday 10th September 2018 at 18.30.
DURATION: Ten week module followed by exam. Please note there will be no class on Monday 2nd April 2018 due to it being Easter Monday.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND? This course is open to students who hold the WSET Level 2 Certificate or can demonstrate the equivalent knowledge. It is strongly recommended that students complete the Intermediate Certificate before progressing to the Advanced Certificate
HOW WILL YOU BENEFIT? This qualification provides detailed analysis of the principal wines and spirits of the world. Students will also benefit from in-depth tastings where they will learn to identify product style and quality. All sessions on this course normally include tastings.
• Wines and Spirits of the World
• Production of Wine (location, viticulture, vinification, maturation and bottling, labelling regulations)
• Central and South Eastern Europe
• South Africa
• Australia and New Zealand
• North America
• South and Central America
• Sparkling Wines of the World
• Fortified (Liqueur) Wines, Spirits and Liqueurs of the World
• Information and Advice for Customers and Staff
This unit is evaluated by a multiple-choice paper of 50 questions and a question paper requiring short written answers.