The WSET Level 2 Award in Wines is suitable wherever a sound but basic level of product knowledge is required to underpin job skills and competencies, for example, in customer service or sales functions of the hospitality, retailing and wholesaling industries. The course is also suitable for the interested consumer.
START DATE: Tuesday 26th January 2021 (Eight classes plus exam. Classes: 6.30pm – 8.30pm)
EXAMINATION: Tuesday 23rd March 2021
START DATE: Tuesday 13th April 2021 (18:30 – 20:30)
EXAMINATION: Tuesday 8th June 2021 at 18:30
FEE: €450.00 (All inclusive/may be paid in three installments)
HOW WILL YOU BENEFIT? The qualification focuses on the key grape varieties and regions of the world. Wine tasting is an essential part of every class.
• How wine is made and other factors influencing the style of wine
• Key white grape varieties
• Key black grape varieties
• Wine-producing regions of the world
• Sparkling wines / Sweet wines / Fortified wines
• Spirits and liqueurs
• Label terminology
• Food and wine matching
• How to taste wine, using the Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine
To achieve Level 2 qualification students must pass a multiple-choice paper of 50 questions.